Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

My worst nightmare might happen ... no more Confluence

As much as I may have issues with Confluence, I was recently asked what can we do if we no longer use Confluence (and maybe even JIRA).  Ugh.... NOOOO !

We have used both for about 7 years, and my only solution is to export all of our Confluence pages to PDF files, and export the JIRA cards into some 'archived' format.

I have estimated that it would take 1 person 15 months (@ 6 hours per day) just to complete this task manually.

Are there better solutions for use to have both Confluence and/or JIRA available for 'View only'?

Note: I have not been given any other options for how we will manage our PLDC process nor documentation.

FYI - I have not been given any reason for the request, but I suspect that this is basically the cost of the licenses for JIRA and/or Confluence.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Casey Maynard 

You can export an entire confluence space from space tools, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/export-content-to-word-pdf-html-and-xml-139475.html. If you search the community you'll find various examples of scripts used to automate the export. 

Regarding Jira, I would suggest exploring the ability to export to CSV / Excel.

There are also a variety of 'Export' apps available for both Confluence and Jira on  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ which you can try free for 30 days. 

Hope that helps

James

Excellent.  That helps on the pages themselves, unfortunately there are some pages that will not export 'as displayed' (such as a filtered table, or excerpted pages).  Would there be an add-on for this task?

But the biggest issue that we need is to somehow export the attachments within the pages themselves).  Would there be an add-on for this task also?

My apologies for the subsequent questions.

Hey @Casey Maynard 

If the native export does not meet your needs, I suggest you look at the Export macros on the marketplace. I'm sure if you reach out to the vendor's support team they'll be able to help with specific issues.

Regarding attachments, if you cannot find an add-on that does this for you, you could look at using the REST API (https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-rest-api-examples/) or one of the other APIs. You might be able to do something with ScriptRunner - not 100% sure.

Good luck

James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🎨 Add some visual life to your templates

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Based on feedback from you, we are giving admins more power to create templates that a...

158 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you