My pages keep moving out of groups

Emily Ling March 18, 2021

I'm trying to group my pages, so I create a parent page for each group and then add my pages to the parent page. However, whenever I edit a page, a lot of pages keep being removed from their parent page, so I have to keep moving them back to their parent page. This is happening for all pages, not just the ones in the group of a page I have edited. I have no clue why this keeps happening. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2021

Hello there @Emily Ling !

I have seen this behavior in the past. This usually happens when we try to reorders pages which we do not have enough permissions to Edit.

I suggest you to check if all the pages that you are trying to move have the right restrictions that would allow you to edit them.

When we try to move an edit restricted page, Confluence will show the action as "done" in the User Interface but will silently fail the actual page reorder. So when you go back or reload the page, the page tree looks all different.

Let me know if this helps you out!

Emily Ling March 22, 2021

Hi Diego, thanks so much for your help. For some reason, a couple of hours after I posted this, it started working and I haven't had any issues since - so not sure what the problem was! Thank you for your help anyway

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events