My confluence installation failed

WX20170802-121830@2x.png

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

HTTP Status 500 - com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBean]: Factory method 'getI18NBean' threw exception; nested exception is java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'tenantedTransactionManager' defined in class path resource [databaseSubsystemContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'tenantedLocalSessionFactoryBean5' defined in class path resource [productionDatabaseContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: premature SessionFactory initialisation, Hibernate properties have not yet been persisted in confluence.cfg.xml

This widget could not be displayed.

There are several possible causes

1. The confluence user doesn't own and have full access to the file system under the installation and home directories
  2. A virus scanner is blocking access to files
  3. You are running it as "root".
  4. A an application blocker is stopping it - SELinux for example
  5. You've set a JAVA_HOME and pointed it at the wrong version of Java for it
  6. The database driver is missing from the installation (Check <install>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib for a driver jar)
  7. The hostname of the server can not be resolved by itself
  8. The server does not have enough memory during installation to set up the database

*** Is there a place where I can find a log that might point to the failure that causes issue to happen? ***

I am having the same problem, so far I have done these steps:

1. I run the install via sudo

2. I did chmod a+x (it was only u+x before)

3. I upped the database user confluence uses all the way to dbadmin to take that variable out of the mix

4. I added the ip address I am using when configuring to /etc/hosts so that I was reaching it at an address it knew.

5. I have a very recent vanilla Ubuntu Server headless system I am installing it onto (the headless is why I am configuring from a browser on another machine)

6. After each failure I uninstall confluence, delete both of these directories:

/opt/atlassian

/var/atlassian/application-data

And drop the database that it was using.

7. I will keep working through your suggestions and hopefully stumble on the answer.

FYI here is part of my postgres log, these are the first messages as the install happens:

2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-1] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "attachments" does not exist at character 22
2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-2] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select count(*) from ATTACHMENTS
2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-3] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "bodycontent" does not exist at character 22
2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-4] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select count(*) from BODYCONTENT
2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-5] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "content" does not exist at character 22
2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-6] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select count(*) from CONTENT
2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-7] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "contentlock" does not exist at character 22
2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-8] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select count(*) from CONTENTLOCK
2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-9] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "extrnlnks" does not exist at character 22

That tells us the database is damaged.  But not really why.

Followup: I have finally gotten it to install on Ubuntu Server.

The only things I did different seem to be of no consequence.

1. I installed using the default config ( instead of custom )

2. I did NOT let the installer start the server (this is the BIGGEST difference)

3. I upped the postgresql logging a bunch.

4. I manually started confluence (with sudo start-confluence.sh)

5. I opened confluence in a web browser.

6. When it was time for it to set up the database, I found I messed up and hadn't dropped the DB from the last attempt at configuring.

7. I deleted the DB and recreated it.

8. I backed up a step on the config web page, reentered DB info

9. The config worked after that

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Sep 26, 2017

It was very considerate of you to type up the specific steps taken to get the install to work. Thank you for following up.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

599 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you