Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cloud Site has Expired - I don't Use a Cloud Site, but now cannot Trial Cloud Confluence

Kevin Black July 13, 2017

Your Cloud site has expired due to inactivity or payment issues. If you need to update payment details you can do so online at my.atlassian.com, or continue raising a support request if you need assistance with this.

We don't use the cloud. We have three products (JIRA, SERVICE DESK AND CONFLUENCE) hosted on a GCI. Confluence performance is unusable. I wanted to try the cloud version for a couple of weeks to make sure doing the right thing, BUT firstly I get a message to enable ON DEMAND.

Searched help, nothing. Then I got the message above saying that cloud services with our domain (company.atlassian.net) has expired. I've looked through all of my licenses (real and trial) and cannot see one where we used the cloud. This is both confusing and irritating.

How do I get a Confluence Cloud trial for a couple of weeks, is that so hard, aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!!

Frustration level 9, apologies in advance......

AND AND AND I've been trying to email support ALL DAY, I get this (see attached file):

Something Went Wrong.pngSomething went wrong, please try submitting your request again.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2017

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble reaching support. That would be the first thing I would have tried.

In this case, if you are just trialing Confluence for a few weeks, I would recommend signing up with another domain (something like mycompany-test.atlassian.net), and then you can try it out. If you plan to use the information from your trial in a different Confluence Cloud in the future, you can export the spaces as XML and reimport them into the new one. That's what I would try for now.

Kevin Black July 14, 2017

Hi Stephen,

yes the support thing was frustrating. I think your plan is a good one. The data I want to use is the data backed up from our Google Compute Instance (GCI) server version. 

Ironically the GCI puts our server version on a Win Server2012 VM in their cloud. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

It sounds like you managed to activate a trial, but were unable to use it for some reason?  Then it expired, which triggered the automatic deactivation email.

Your my.atlassian account will not show evaluation licences for Cloud, as you don't need to do anything with them.  But it should show you the basic administration stuff for it (when it was active)

You should be able to set up another trial at any time, they last for a week.

However, "Confluence performance is unusable." - that is probably a different conversation, and it should be fixable.  I'd suggest you raise a separate question, don't mention Cloud, and give us some idea of what your system is doing

Starting with the basics - is the CPU, disk, database and/or memory being thrashed?  Are there piles of errors in the logs?

Do you know what is "slow"?  Javascript on the pages?  Does it render the page headers quickly and then the content takes ages?  Or is it every click that takes ages to get to a working page?  Is it just the content (admin pages work fine)?  And so-on.

Kevin Black July 14, 2017

Hi Nic,

Sounds like in the past, a very long time ago, we may have started, but never prosecuted a trial of one of the atlassian products because company name.atlassian.net was known. But the issue is that any trial we setup and not prosecuted would be months and more likely years ago. 

I just want to clear the slate of any cloud stuff we might have hanging around. The atlassian system just tells me it's expired and to PPay up. Problem is I have no idea what's expired (and of course don't want to pay for the trial). We will likely move to the cloud, Confluence is bog standard unlike our JIRA instance which has lots of add-ons. 

Thanks for the reply, I'll chase up the my.atlassian data although I thought I'd exhausted the possibilities. 

And if we decide to keep our GCI server version I will, as you suggest, raise a separate ticket. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events