Must "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" Every Time I want to Edit or view a page with proper formatting

Caleb Dueck October 21, 2019

I am using Google Chrome.

When I load a page it has improper formatting and the edit, favourite, watch options are not visible.

I have to inspect the page, right click the reload button, and select "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" each time I want to properly view or edit a page.  It is rather inconvenient. Is there a simple solution that still allows me to use chrome?

I tried confluence on safari and it works fine in the same situations so I believe it's either with my chrome settings or a bug.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2019

Hello, @Caleb Dueck ! Glad to see new faces around, welcome to the community.

As I understand, your situation is that Confluence layout is not displaying as it should in your browser. We could start by ruling out a few items as a root cause, what do you think? Here is a list of items for us to check:

1. Check if the issue is present in incognito mode on Chrome
  2. Check if this affects one or more Confluence pages
  3. Check if any other Chrome user is also facing the same issue
  4. Check if your browser is the latest version available
  5. Check if disabling browser add-ons takes care of the behavior

Since you pointed out that the behavior is not present within Safari, I am inclined to say that this is a specific problem with your browser version or environment (such as add-ons). With this in mind, we could check the items above and make sure to test for the behavior each time.

Let us hear from you, Caleb! Looking forward to your reply.

Caleb Dueck October 22, 2019

Hello,

The issue does not persist in incognito mode.

However, though I updated and disabled all possible add-ons the issue still occurs on my chrome instance.

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2019

Hey @Caleb Dueck , thanks for keeping the thread alive.

If using the browser’s incognito mode gets rid of the behavior, we could try to clear the browser cache completely. After doing so, we can go back to Confluence and then check if the issue persists.

Excerpt from Google Chrome’s documentation:

In Chrome

1.     On your computer, open Chrome.
  2.     At the top right, click More More.
  3.     Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
  4.     At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5.     Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6.     Click Clear data.

Here is the link to the full page:

Let us hear from you again, Caleb!

Caleb Dueck October 24, 2019

Thank you for the help.
I've found I can use a keyboard shortcut to clear cache and reload. cmd+shift+R

I had been using this solution before. I was hoping there would be a more permanent solution available rather than this task I need to do each time I load a confluence page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events