cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple timezones displayed in confluence

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

We are a multi-national company and I am going through the possibility of having our default home page be confluence.  Currently in our html default home page it will show each region's local time.  I have tried to write a macro to do this but got stuck along the way.  The following code will display the local timezone: 

$action.dateFormatter.formatGivenString("HH:mm", $content.currentDate) 

But I cannot figure out how to get it to display the various other timezones.    I have seen that there is a tz parameter for dateFormatter but I could not find any examples of usage.

5 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

Hi Robert,

I was bored, so I decided to try it out.  It's a bit of a hack and it's maybe not the easiest way to do it, but at least it works smile

## @param Timezone:title=Time Zone|required=true|type=enum|enumValues=time.zone.user_time_zone,time.zone.HST,time.zone.AST,time.zone.America.Los.Angeles,time.zone.America.Denver,time.zone.America.Mazatlan,time.zone.America.Phoenix,time.zone.America.Belize,time.zone.America.Chicago,time.zone.America.Mexico.City,time.zone.America.Regina,time.zone.America.Bogota,time.zone.America.Indianapolis,time.zone.America.New.York,time.zone.America.Caracas,time.zone.America.Halifax,time.zone.America.Santiago,time.zone.America.St.Johns,time.zone.America.Buenos.Aires,time.zone.America.Godthab,time.zone.America.Sao.Paulo,time.zone.Atlantic.South.Georgia,time.zone.Atlantic.Azores,time.zone.Atlantic.Cape.Verde,time.zone.Africa.Casablanca,time.zone.Europe.Dublin,time.zone.GMT,time.zone.ECT,time.zone.Europe.Belgrade,time.zone.Europe.Berlin,time.zone.Europe.Paris,time.zone.Europe.Warsaw,time.zone.Africa.Cairo,time.zone.Africa.Harare,time.zone.Asia.Jerusalem,time.zone.Europe.Athens,time.zone.Europe.Bucharest,time.zone.Europe.Helsinki,time.zone.Africa.Nairobi,time.zone.Asia.Baghdad,time.zone.Asia.Kuwait,time.zone.Asia.Tehran,time.zone.Asia.Baku,time.zone.Asia.Muscat,time.zone.Europe.Moscow,time.zone.Asia.Kabul,time.zone.Asia.Karachi,time.zone.Asia.Calcutta,time.zone.Asia.Colombo,time.zone.Asia.Katmandu,time.zone.Asia.Almaty,time.zone.Asia.Dhaka,time.zone.Asia.Yekaterinburg,time.zone.Asia.Rangoon,time.zone.Asia.Bangkok,time.zone.Asia.Hong.Kong,time.zone.Asia.Krasnoyarsk,time.zone.Asia.Kuala.Lumpur,time.zone.Asia.Taipei,time.zone.Australia.Perth,time.zone.Asia.Irkutsk,time.zone.Asia.Seoul,time.zone.Asia.Tokyo,time.zone.Australia.Adelaide,time.zone.Australia.Darwin,time.zone.Asia.Yakutsk,time.zone.Australia.Brisbane,time.zone.Australia.Hobart,time.zone.Australia.Sydney,time.zone.Pacific.Guam,time.zone.Asia.Vladivostok,time.zone.Pacific.Noumea,time.zone.Pacific.Auckland,time.zone.Pacific.Fiji,time.zone.Pacific.Apia,time.zone.Pacific.Tongatapu
#set ( $timezones = $action.dateFormatter.timeZone.sortedTimeZones )
#set ( $selectedTimezone = $action.dateFormatter.timeZone.default.wrappedTimeZone )
#foreach ( $timezone in $timezones )
  #if ( $timezone == $paramTimezone )
    #set ( $selectedTimezone = $timezone.wrappedTimeZone )
  #end
#end
#set ( $calendar = $action.dateFormatter.calendar.getInstance($selectedTimezone) )
#set ( $hour = $calendar.get(10) )
#set ( $minute = $calendar.get(12) )
#if ( $hour < 10 )
  #set ( $hour = "0" + $hour )
#end
#if ( $minute < 10 )
  #set ( $minute = "0" + $minute )
#end
<p>$selectedTimezone.getDisplayName(false, 0): $hour:$minute</p>

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2014

This works like a champ! Thank you.

tinyCabbage July 3, 2015

Sorry where do you apply this? Do you need to create a new macro? edit the page in source editor? Sorry for the basic question, i'm pretty new to confluence.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2015

Yes, you need to create a new user macro (You must be an administrator; click the Gear icon at the top of the screen, then General Configuration, enter your password, and find "User Macros" on the left side of the screen). You just give the user macro any name you want (no spaces) and a title (what will be displayed in the macro editor). If you want so that not everybody can see it, choose the visibility under the name. Everything else can stay blank/as it is. Once you save it, the macro should be available to insert on a page.

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2014

What portions? Not sure I understand the question. Ideally I would want a macro that takes as a single parameter a time zone, and outputs the current time in that time zone. I have that all but I cannot find a good example of setting the timezone in dateFormatter.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2014

For what portions of the page are you wanting this multiple time zone stuff on?

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2014

Good point David! I guess I need to be more clear. I want to display the time. E.G.: CST: 13:45 EST: 14:45 CEST: 20:45 KST: 04:48 ...

hemant_khanna January 7, 2019

Almost 4 years late :) But change the $hour line as:

#set ( $hour = $calendar.get(11) )

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2014

What do you want to display in multiple times zones? Is it the create and modified date? Comments? Something within the page body? All of the above?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events