Multiple plugin upload

AyJay March 5, 2013

Can I upload multiple plugins (add-ons) in a batch, or do I need to upload and install each one separately.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi there,

Please bear in mind that you can't do the same thing like JIRA as Confluence stores their plugins inside PLUGINDATA table in Confluence database. If you would like to upload the plugins, you could download them in batch and upload the jar or zip file one by one. For more information please refer to the following documentation.
* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+Add-ons

Hope this helps

childnode August 25, 2014

so, the answer is no?!

Is there a feature request we can vote on?! ;)

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

You can upload in bulk using this shell script which needs to be run in CONFLUENCE server.

#!/bin/bash
# Put plugin names in plugins.txt in same folder from where you execute this script

function get_tocken() {
token=$(curl -sI "$url?os_authType=basic" | grep upm-token | cut -d: -f2- | tr -d '[[:space:]]')
}

function upload_plugins() {
for i in `cat plugins.txt`
do
echo -e "\n$i"
get_tocken
echo -e "\n$token"
curl -XPOST "$url?token=$token" -F plugin=@$i
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
echo -e "\n$i is uploaded successfully"
else
echo -e "\n$i upload failed"
fi
done
}

url="USERNAME:PASSWORD@localhost:PORT/rest/plugins/1.0/"
upload_plugins

Follow below steps:
-----------------------
1. Copy all plugins to any directory in the server. Consider: /tmp as example
2. Create a file plugins.txt which should contain the full path to the jar/obr file.
/tmp/PluginFileName1.jar
/tmp/PluginFileName1.jar

3. create above script in the /tmp folder.
4. Grant appropriate permissions to all related files and folders
5. Run the script.

Output will be like this.

sapsi rodut May 3, 2019

hello,

i'v tried your script with a bulk of over 20 apps it only uploads the last plugin in jira 

0 votes
AyJay March 5, 2013

Yes, I am aware that I can install them one by one. Downloading them in batch is not the problem.

That is why I am asking how to upload and install them in batch.

But I gather that it is not possible.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Yes, you can do it by manually copying the plugin(s) to your plugins/installed-plugins/ directory.

Have a look at this link for details

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Managing+JIRA's+Plugins

Rahul

AyJay March 5, 2013

Well, not quite what I was looking for since I need to stop/restart Confluence. Also, I have to do the installation checks manually. And it broke some of the links/labels...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events