Multiple included pages in Confluence don't export to Word correctly

Jonathan Sabah May 10, 2019

Hi Atlassian Community,

I am trying to create a document generator in Confluence where I have several pages included but hidden by default (style=display:none) and the user can select what pages to display (HTML form with Javascript event handlers).

When I want to export to Word the selected pages (style=display:block), the produced Word document will contain all the tables from all the included pages (display: block and none), and will completely omit the actual text from those pages.

I imagine that my HTML/Javascript code is somehow preventing the correct export to Word (breaking the CSS?) and wondered if there was some information out there to do that: maybe put all the displayed elements/included pages into a new popup window and somehow export that to Word?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Jonathan Sabah September 3, 2019

I managed to put the HTML content in a modal popup and remove the undesired text before exporting to word with jquery wordexport.

It's not ideal and would like to know if there is a way to access the Confluence Export to Word functionality programmatically.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events