Multiple file lists within one page

Michael Amir Bakhtiar May 10, 2018

Hello: I am trying to have more than one file list within one page. The goal is for each file list to contain separate files; however, both lists replicate the same uploaded files.  see attached.

Confluence - multiple file lists.png

3 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2018

If you want other users to add new file lists:

Edit the A.C. Files page, add the macro "create from template" point the macro to "file lists" blueprint/template. Create a new template if doesn't exist. New pages would then appear under AC Files.

Repeat for all top level "folders"

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2018

First create all of your file lists on the main level. You can then reorder your pages and put Pages underneath AC files to give the look and feel of subfolders.

ok. Once they have been added on the main page. Is there a way to auto assign them to sub pages? Or do i need to take a second step and either move the attachment to another page or assign a label (in properties). OR another mechanism?  thanks

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2018

You would need to download then reattach files in the proper file list page if you already attached some files. 

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2018

The attachment's macro isn't unique on the page (if that makes sense). If you keep adding that macro, you will get the same mirrored attachments.

Preferred solution: Use the standard file lists parent page to list out the various file list pages, then click to access the content. Each file list would be a page.

The ugly solution would be to make a page where you use {include page macro to point a file list to your desired destination, repeat for each separate file list.

test.jpg

Issues with this approach:

• You can't drag and drop files into the desired file list, you would need to go into the source and add the file.
  • File list #1 could have 50+ items, which pushes the rest of your content down the page.
  • Think of this as a read/edit only solution, no uploading from this page
  • File list page names do not display

Thank you Jonathan. so for Preferred solution: Use the standard file lists parent page to list out the various file list pages, then click to access the content. Each file list would be a page.

• after i create the standard file list page from the + button ("AC/SC File List").
  • how do i "create" unique file list pages underneath?
    • I've created a child file list page ("AC Files"), then I added a file.
    • however that file is not showing up on the parent file list page, nor is the child file list page showing on that parent page.

parent child.png

child file.png

parent page.png

thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events