Multiple excerpts on the same page

Joe Harmon August 18, 2015

I am trying to create a global report with a lot of dynamic information from multiple people.  The problem I am running into is that I need to pull portions of pages from multiple confluence pages.  I know I can pull in a specific page, and I know I can pull in an except.  The problem is that I need to define and pull in portions of pages from all over the place (meaning pages all throughout confluence).  Anyone know how I can do this?

9 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

There is also the Multiple Excerpt macro (not free). That would allow you to pull in multiple bits from multiple pages.

Gabe Louet May 15, 2020

wow you have to pay for Multiple Excerpt macro.
nice one Atlassian!

Like # people like this
Gabriel Popp May 27, 2020

This is ridiculous.

Like # people like this
Carl DiClementi June 5, 2020

@Gabriel Popp I agree :-) Let's bring attention to it by voting for the issue for Atlassian to add the feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-34576

Like # people like this
Rob Kelly April 23, 2021

Note that https://www.atlassian.com/purchase/addon/biz.artemissoftware.confluence.multiexcerpt.MultiExcerptMacro is no longer for sale as of Feb 2021, and will be supported until 2024.

I hope Atlassian will pick this up and bring it into their product!

Rob Kelly April 23, 2021

The Table Excerpt macro works like the Excerpt macro, and Table Excerpt Include is like the Excerpt include macro.

The Table Excerpts are named, so you can use > 1 on a given page. The Table Excerpt Include macro can target any Table Excerpt on a given page. 

SOLVED

Like # people like this
Parva C. - Narva Software April 23, 2021

As an alternative, please try our add-on: Multiple Excerpts & Include Macros.

This add-on is available for Confluence Cloud.

4 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Another approach is to use Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros (Table Filter and Chartsapp) that can be used for multi-excerption within multiple pages and spaces searched by page names, page trees and labels. So it allows you to have multiple excerpts within a single page as well as to pull multiple excerpts from multiple pages using a single Table Excerpt Include macro.

1 vote
Parva C. - Narva Software April 23, 2021

Hello everyone,

Please try our add-on Multiple Excerpts & Include Macros.

As name suggests, it allows adding multiple excerpts in a page which are identified by excerpt key.

You can then use 'Multiple Excerpts Include' macro to include defined excerpts in another page. This way, you can include as many excerpts as you need.

0 votes
Piers MacDonald October 16, 2020

Have you ever looked for a Confluence feature and found a solution that wasnt "Pay for this integration"

Gabriel Popp October 18, 2020

:)))) No.

Like Angela L_ likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2020

If you are on server or data center there is the Include Content app that can do this. It is free and the source code is also available.

0 votes
Rainee Rohrbacher May 23, 2019

I have admin level access for the cloud platform and cannot find a solution here. MultiExcerpt is not integrating and nothing else in this thread is working either. Any suggestions? 

I am looking to use it for more than just text. 

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2015

You can also do the equivalent using the metadata plugin, which I believe is still free (although it is unsupported, and I think you need to use wiki format for the text in the macro).

0 votes

Sounds like the multi-excerpt is one piece I need to look at. Can the include content by label pull in only portions of a page?  Or does it pull in the whole page itself?

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2015

You can have multiple page-include and excerpt-include macros on one page. Unfortunately, by default you can only have one excerpt macro per page. However the Multi Excerpt add-on allows you to define multiple excerpts per page. Another options as well is the Include Content By Label add-on.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2015

Now that I think of it ... another thought would be the meta-data add-on. You can get "multi-excerpt like" functionality for free. However, it only supports plain text with in the body of the meta-data macro. So, no tables or fancy macros. But if you only need text then free is a good price. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.andya.confluence.plugins.metadata

omar infante July 25, 2019

It looks like this one is no longer free.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2019

Four years later I now use the Include Content add-on by Keysight Technologies. It is free and does multi-excerpt.

Like # people like this
Rainee Rohrbacher July 25, 2019

This is just for the server not the cloud version also. 

Like zack.levine likes this
Alessandro Surace January 31, 2020

Thanks @Davin Studer Iit works great.

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2015

Hi,

Why wouldn't just using excerpt-include work in your case? You just put the portion of text that you need from each page in an excerpt and then just pull them all in that global report page.

Because my understanding is that you can only have one excerpt macro per page.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events