Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple LDAP sources for users and groups in Confluence

Robert Cooper January 5, 2014

Is it possible to set up confluence to get only users from one Active Directory forest and only groups from a differest forest? The user forest does not have any groups. The group forest does not have active user accounts; it has accounts tied to Exchange mailboxes but disabled and those mailboxes authenticate from a domain trust to the user forest. (don't blame me, I did not set this mess up and have no control over it.)

1 answer

1 vote
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2015

Hi Robert, 

No worries, I won’t blame you, I’ve already worked as Network/Infrastructure engineer, so I know sometimes we face some legacy structure that we need to deal :).

Well, as we know, this is a very peculiar environment, so I believe since your users and groups are being able to communicate on Active Directory environment even not being at the same forest, I believe this will also work with confluence as well. When you setup Confluence to authenticate against AD, then the AD is the responsible to manage the authentication and permissions. However, I strong recommend you to try this first in a staging environment. 

The only thing you need to pay attention, is the users that will be authenticated on Confluence be tied with confluence-users group which based in your scenario will be in a different forest. 

Good luck.

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events