Multimedia macro

minesh patel July 18, 2013

Hello,

I have just upgraded to Confluence version 5.1.4. I have attached a video file (mp4) that needs to be displayed on the page. I am using the Multimedia marco to display the video.

However, the the video seems to be stuck but the audio plays on. Also, there are no controls on it (play and pause) like there is on JWPlayer.

How can I fix this? Is this possible, what I'am asking??

Also, can I embed the video on the page?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2013

Hello Minesh, videos are tricky sometimes, since they come in different encoding flavors. You may like to add the video to a specialized hosting website such as Youtube or Vimeo and use the Confluence Widget Connector to embed the media within Confluence. Does this makes sense to you?

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2013

Hi Minesh,

Can you reproduce the same behavior using other files? If so, probably we are facing a bug here and I would recommend to get in touch with atlassian support so we can replicate and open a new bug report for you.

If the issue occurs with only one file, then probably the issue is with the file. If you can recreate the file again to test that would be great.

I hope that helps!

Rodrigo

minesh patel July 19, 2013

I converted the file to avi, and got the same result.

minesh patel July 21, 2013

Is there a media player with controls (stop/start button) for confluence 5.1.4.

If so, where do I find it??

Patrick O_Connell May 28, 2019

Minesh,

I'm on 6.9.0. If you can resolve your encoding issue, when you use the macro, the controls that show up in the rendered page are:

Play/pause,
Scrub bar (the thing where you can drag back and forth to navigate in the video),
Volume control,
Fullscreen icon,
A clickable three-dots thing where you can download the video, or do picture-in-picture (whatever that is).

And by the way, at least with our Conf. version, there are two ways to have a video show up. The first is as described above: using the macro.

The second way: you can just insert the video as you would with a still picture. With this, when you click on what shows up in the rendered page...you know when you click on an image, and it opens up in fullscreen viewing pane?

It's like that, but it's for the video, and there's:

Play/pause,
Scrub bat,
Volume control,
Fullscreen icon.

Whichever way you do it, the file has to be attached to the page, first.

Cheers,
Pat O'Connell
Technical Writer
MindGeek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events