It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multimedia Macro now worse with mp3's (audio)

Previously, when using the multimedia Macro with audio, you would get a nice clean multimedia player that looked like this:

OldMacro.png

This is from Chrome. Different browsers displayed it a little differently, but you could conveniently play, pause, or save without navigating away from the page. Now that you have to drag and drop multimedia files onto the page, audio files now look like this:

NewMacro.png

This is obviously not as clean. It also requires you to browse to another page to listen to the file, download it, etc. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step. If not, will this change and can this be fixed? The old Multimedia Macro was much better, and should not be gotten rid of unless I'm missing a step.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello there!

The Multimedia Macro is indeed being deprecated soon. You can check this information here:

For further information on what is being deprecated, we can check this page right here:

In the new editing experience, we do not have the multimedia macro. In our old editor, the macro should be still available. Here you can read more about our new editing experience:

In Confluence Server (Self-Hosted), the multimedia macro should still be available. We need to insert it first and then select the desired file to be displayed within it.

I would like to have a better idea of your environment. Here we have a few questions to help with it:

1. Are you using Confluence Cloud or Server version?
  2. If on Confluence Cloud, are you using the new editor or the old one?
  3. Are you able to upload files by going into the plus sign at the toolbar and then selecting Files and images?

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

283 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you