Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-excerpt from restricted Space

Dave_Harrington April 17, 2013

I'm trying to reduce duplicative document management.

We have some Spaces that present information to customers, and Spaces we use for internal specs or requirements that shouldn't be shared, in their entirety, with customers. The latter Space, therefore, restricts customers from viewing/editing.

However, some of the information in those internal pages needs to be shared with the customer (for example, a table of agreed upon data values). Because the Space is restricted, any attempt to use the multi-excerpt macro fails.

We've created a workaround by creating a "junction" Space that allows customers to view pages within. We put the information we want shared in this Space and then reference it via the multi-excerpt macro on pages in both the customer and internal Spaces.

It works, but creates a different type of maintenance effort. So, I thought I'd check if anyone had a "magic bullet" for how to allow visibility to selected restricted information.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave_Harrington April 20, 2013

We decided to take the approach of documenting on the "most visible" page and then using include, excerpt and multi-excerpt macros on internal pages.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

If both pages (one restricted, one open) want to show the same content to different users, I think using the "include" from both pages to the third piece of content is the right thing to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events