Please consider the following problem, either helping me with a fix for the proposed (non-working) solution below or by suggesting another solution for the mentioned high-level goal.
High-level goal: A page has a workflow which
- Creates tasks for several users each e.g. 3rd of the month
- Informs these users about the assigned tasks
- Waits until all tasks are completed (this can take days) and informs me
- I approve the page, then the cycle starts again on the 3rd of the next month
Have a workflow "Idle" -> "In progress" -> "Review", where
- Idle expires on the 3rd of next month ("duedate")
- In progress creates the mentioned tasks when entered, it transitions to Review when the tasks are completed ("completed=Review")
- In Review ("trigger:statechanged|state=Review") a mail is sent to me, I "submit" to go back to state Idle
If I give Idle a relative duedate of P1M, I get an unwanted shift: The relative expiry date is reevaluated when it reenters state Idle. This is a problem since state In Progress can take several days. E.g. On 3rd September the tasks are created. They all are finished on 10th September, I review the page on 10th September. Entering Idle on that date schedules the expiry date of Idle to 10th October, but it should be 3rd October.
I already considered
https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CWL/State+expiry+dates and especially "Shared due dates" where a due date is "transported" from one state to another via metadata. The Idle didn't honor the new duedate, although I could verify that the metadata is set correctly.
Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond. A long time favorite, Team Cale...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events