• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multi-State Workflow with Regular Trigger (Expiry) Edited

M L I'm New Here Sep 09, 2020

Please consider the following problem, either helping me with a fix for the proposed (non-working) solution below or by suggesting another solution for the mentioned high-level goal.

Thanks!

Details:

High-level goal: A page has a workflow which

- Creates tasks for several users each e.g. 3rd of the month

- Informs these users about the assigned tasks

- Waits until all tasks are completed (this can take days) and informs me

- I approve the page, then the cycle starts again on the 3rd of the next month

Solution approach:

Have a workflow "Idle" -> "In progress" -> "Review", where

- Idle expires on the 3rd of next month ("duedate")

- In progress creates the mentioned tasks when entered, it transitions to Review when the tasks are completed ("completed=Review")

- In Review ("trigger:statechanged|state=Review") a mail is sent to me, I "submit" to go back to state Idle

Problem:

If I give Idle a relative duedate of P1M, I get an unwanted shift: The relative expiry date is reevaluated when it reenters state Idle. This is a problem since state In Progress can take several days. E.g. On 3rd September the tasks are created. They all are finished on 10th September, I review the page on 10th September. Entering Idle on that date schedules the expiry date of Idle to 10th October, but it should be 3rd October.

I already considered

https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CWL/State+expiry+dates and especially "Shared due dates" where a due date is "transported" from one state to another via metadata. The Idle didn't honor the new duedate, although I could verify that the metadata is set correctly.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

59 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you