Moving template from personal space to main space

Bruce Becker September 21, 2018

Hi,

I've created a template with the content tools in my personal space. I want to share this template with another space- the main one of my team.

I can't see how to do that.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sattesh M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

Hello Bruce,

Unfortunately there is now way yo move templates between Spaces or to the Global template section.
The only way around this is to create a new template in the Space itself, and copy over the content of the template in your personal Space, into the template in the Space.

The same goes to when you would like to copy over any Space templates to the Global templates page and vice-versa.

Do let me know if you have any questions, Bruce.

Cheers,
Sattesh 

Bruce Becker September 24, 2018

Thank you very much for that answer, @Sattesh M! have a good one.

David Pressley May 22, 2020

is it still the case that we cannot work on templates in our personal space and then promote them to a "global template" status? I can't seem to find any good information on how what seems to be a reasonable workflow: users create templates in their personal spaces, and when ready to roll out to the larger team, promote them to a global status, so they can be used throughout the child spaces? 

Please educate me if there is an obvious way that I just don't know about yet

Like # people like this
Kenny Paul October 23, 2020

Encountered the same problem after having to carve out a new community space for access control purposes and moving a ton of content from the default space over to the new one.  More than a little bummed that there doesn't seem to be a solution for moving templates.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events