Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving posts on slack towards confluence?

Guido Sluijsmans August 15, 2019

I'm using confluence for our management notes and our management team can add topics for the agenda. Sometimes we have discussions on slack which need to be discussed more elaborate. Those you like to put on the agenda of next meeting. Is it also possible to upload #slack posts to certain pages on Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hello Guido and welcome to the Community!

From reviewing your idea of wanting to create content within Confluence from Slack, I wasn’t able to find anything available within the official app or any other marketplace app which would allow for this. With this said, the idea is still possible. You could possibly create your own app to create Content within Confluence cloud using the REST API, you will want to use this endpoint; POST /wiki/rest/api/content.

Further information on building this type of app for slack may be found at:

Are you interested in building a Slack app? Visit the Slack API site to get started. You can always drop us a line with questions, or simply let us know what you're up to — we'd love to hear from you. 🤗

Source documentation: Slack | Add Tools to Your Workspace

While not a direct answer on how to do this, I hope this proves helpful in finding a way to create content within Confluence from Slack.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Guido Sluijsmans August 20, 2019

thanks for your effort Stephen!

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events