Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving macros interactively

Ivana Kocova June 7, 2022

Hello,

is it possible to move macros (e.g., Page properties, Include) and tables to another part of the page? It was possible on Server by just dragging the macro to the desired position.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

@Ivana Kocova in page edit mode you should be able to grab the macro on the macro menu bar (the top of the macro) and drag and drop it where you would like on the page. Just remember that the page is built as you type, so you won't be able to move a macro to an area that you have not 'opened' to editing yet by either making a hard return to that location of the page or having edited that part of the page previously.

Ivana Kocova June 8, 2022

@Andy Gladstone Thank you for the answer. I was able to figure it out for the info panel, although moving the top part of the macro isn't as intuitive as I would expect and as it was on Server.

How do I move a table or the Expand macro? When I click the top part of these items, I can't drag them anywhere. And I am trying to drag them to the part of the page that I previously edited multiple times. It is not a new blank page with no edits.

Thank you.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2022

@Ivana Kocova you are correct. With some macros you cannot drag and drop and need to used CTRL+C/CTRL+X & CTRL+V to copy/cut & paste the macro where you want it to be. 

Ivana Kocova June 13, 2022

Thank you very much, Andy. Another good suggestion for Product Owners on how to make Cloud more user-friendly. Having to apply several different approaches to macros isn't intuitive.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events