It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Moving files in Confluence

What is the best tip/trick for moving files around in Confluence? 

1 answer

5 votes
Mark_38 Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2018

Hello,

You can use Manage Files guide on file management, including moving, so best tip is, have the right permissions on the source and target pages/spaces. 

Move a file to another page

You'll need the 'Add Page', 'Add Attachment' and 'Remove Attachment' space permissions to move an attached file to another page. To change the page that a file is attached to:

• Go to  > Attachments
  • Choose Properties next to the attachment you want to move.
  • Enter the name of the page you want to move the attachment to (for example My Destination Page).
  • Choose Save.

If you want to move the file to a page in another space, add the space key before the page name (for example DOC: My Destination Page).  

Hope this is what you were looking for, let me know if it's not

Regards,

Igor

How does it work if I want to move attachments to another space?

I now created a dummy page, moved the attachment to the dummy page, moved the dummy page to the other space, moved the attachment to the right page and deleted the dummy page.

Does it work? Yes. Convinient, easy? No. Hopefully others have a better solution?

Like Oli Wade likes this

Adding the space key as a prefix for the new page name (as shown in the last paragraph what Igor cited: "DOC:My Destination Page") does not work?

Like Pavel Grigoryev likes this

Thanks, will try.

Hi all, what could be the reason for I can't see the "Properties" in my attachment list?

I am the space administrator so it shouldn't be a lack of permissions :-(

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Andrea

image.png

OK, forget the question, it was just a matter of unlocking the file prior to look for properties. Sorry for the silly question. :-)

Andrea 

Click on the arrow, to the left of the file or attachment. This where you can add a label for quickly, too.

You will see PROPERTIES. Click on it.

A window will open up. The bottom row (4th row) is labeled PAGE. Type the name of the destination page. Be sure to use the capitals, dashes, underscores, etc. so that the name is identical.

Click SAVE.

File will have moved.

Like Andrea_Boerio likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

227 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you