Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving files in Confluence

Andrea Sorensen January 19, 2018

What is the best tip/trick for moving files around in Confluence? 

1 answer

6 votes
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hello,

You can use Manage Files guide on file management, including moving, so best tip is, have the right permissions on the source and target pages/spaces. 

Move a file to another page

You'll need the 'Add Page', 'Add Attachment' and 'Remove Attachment' space permissions to move an attached file to another page. To change the page that a file is attached to:

• Go to  > Attachments
  • Choose Properties next to the attachment you want to move.
  • Enter the name of the page you want to move the attachment to (for example My Destination Page).
  • Choose Save.

If you want to move the file to a page in another space, add the space key before the page name (for example DOC: My Destination Page).  

Hope this is what you were looking for, let me know if it's not

Regards,

Igor

Benji April 1, 2019

How does it work if I want to move attachments to another space?

Benji April 1, 2019

I now created a dummy page, moved the attachment to the dummy page, moved the dummy page to the other space, moved the attachment to the right page and deleted the dummy page.

Does it work? Yes. Convinient, easy? No. Hopefully others have a better solution?

Like Oli Wade likes this
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Adding the space key as a prefix for the new page name (as shown in the last paragraph what Igor cited: "DOC:My Destination Page") does not work?

Like # people like this
Benji April 1, 2019

Thanks, will try.

ABoerio April 16, 2019

Hi all, what could be the reason for I can't see the "Properties" in my attachment list?

I am the space administrator so it shouldn't be a lack of permissions :-(

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Andrea

image.png

ABoerio April 16, 2019

OK, forget the question, it was just a matter of unlocking the file prior to look for properties. Sorry for the silly question. :-)

Andrea 

Leslie Coleman September 13, 2019

Click on the arrow, to the left of the file or attachment. This where you can add a label for quickly, too.

You will see PROPERTIES. Click on it.

A window will open up. The bottom row (4th row) is labeled PAGE. Type the name of the destination page. Be sure to use the capitals, dashes, underscores, etc. so that the name is identical.

Click SAVE.

File will have moved.

Like ABoerio likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events