Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Moving atlassian license and myatlassian account to the new instane

Hello,
I have set up two confluence instances Server and Data Center. Both instances have different license owners (my.Atlassian account). I want to move data, licenses, and its owners from the Server instance to the Data Center instance, and after a successful operation, get rid of the first Server instance. After that, there will be only a new Server instance.

I know the server type will be unsupported soon, but as of now, the type doesn't matter to me. Changing license owner is the most important. The Data Center license is just a free trial so it is also insignificant.

Is it possible?

4 answers

0 votes

Have you just tried copying the licenses file from the old to the new? Everything keys off the license file.

Assuming you have rights for a DEV licenses, install the dev licenses on the old server, then move the live licenses to your new server.

0 votes
Laura Holton Community Leader Dec 23, 2021

HI @Wioletta G 👋

Welcome to the Community! I would recommend potentially taking a look at the support documentation on Migrating from Server to Data Center as it sounds like that's what you're trying to do.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Hi @Wioletta G 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !

This link might help the requirement you are asking..

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#manage-account

Regards,

Vishwas

0 votes

Hello @Wioletta G ,

When you login to my.atlassian.com. under the license you can able to view the licenses.

if you are the owner for the both Server and DC licenses in 2 accounts, Under the existing licenses you can able to update the "Technical" and "Billing" contact details. You can use the same for your required email.

So you will able to get the 2 different details with one single email, if more information need, you can always try by creating a support request.

Thanks,

Kagithala Babu Anvesh

Thank you for your quick reply, but I'm not sure if we meant the same. The old instance is set up under my Atlassian A account and the new instance under B account. I want both under A account and license and then get rid of the old instance (because license is per host, I believe).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

43,349 views 32 134
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you