Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a Glossary from instance to another is not fucntional

Hector Ghizzoni October 22, 2019

Hello,

When I export and import a glossary space from one instance to another is not functional anymore and when I try an excel export and import is working but with many mistakes or missing definitions or definition description not complete.

Can be a solution for this?

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2019

Hello there, @Hector Ghizzoni !

I am not sure if I follow your issue. My first instinct when you say “Glossary space” is that you have many words or expressions defined there and those are linked somewhere in your instance. There is also a plugin that seems to roughly fit this description. Here, have a look:

But, since we want to avoid the guesswork of what is the glossary space, would you mind answering a shortlist of questions for clarification? Here they are:

1. What is the definition of “glossary space”, how is it supposed to work?
  2. What is not working when the space is imported into another instance?
  3. What kind of error is thrown when you try to access the imported space?

I would like to understand a few things about your environment. This can help us to get a better outlook on what might be happening in your situation. Here we go:

1. Which version of Confluence are you running on the origin instance?
  2. Which version of Confluence are you running on the destination instance?
  3. If you are running the plugin mentioned above, which version of it is running on your instances?
  4. If you are running the plugin mentioned above are the instances running the same plugin version?

Also, if you face any kind of error after the space import, would it be possible for you to provide us with some screenshots of it? Just be careful not to disclose any sensitive data with the screenshots. Our community is an open space and everyone can see everything here. Keep this in mind!

Hey, Hector, hope this gives some direction towards the solution for your issue. Let us hear from you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events