Moving Space under other Space AND BACK

Kata Tuoh December 10, 2020

Hi all,

my plan was reorganize spaces under one space. I moved one successfully but it left empty space behind -> users will not find new location anymore via thei "My Spaces" shortcut.

It was decided easiest action is to move the original space back to the original location. However, home page no longer exists. When I moved the space back, "My Space" shortcut directs into "Pages" (link above all space titles including recenetly updated and page tree) as a home page.

1) Good policies how to move space under other space and keep users informed at the same time?

2) How do I create new home page for a space / restore old space? How to pass by the "Pages" page.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

You can follow these steps to set the home page:

1. Go to the space and choose Space tools > Overview from the bottom of the sidebar.
  2. Choose Edit Space Details.
  3. Enter the page you want use in the Home page field then choose Save.
Kata Tuoh December 10, 2020

Clear as day when one would only have patience to read all lines available (visited Edit Space Details several times before asking question). For future reference, home page box in Edit Space Details do not recognize new pages immediately. Again with patience I managed to return space in orginal form.

Very helpful. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events