cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move the "Add Comment" button

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

I am working on heavily customized layouts and styles for a documentation site in Confluence, and am having a hard time finding where the position of the Add Comments button is set. Can anyone point me to the right place for Confluence 4.1.2? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2012

Hey Matthew,

Have a look in confluence-webapp/src/main/webapp/decorators/components/comments.vmd

Joe.

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

Cool, thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

What I'm having trouble with is that the custom theme that I'm building messes up the comment box. Specifically, it re-arranges the buttons in the RTE's header and resizes the comment area.

Any pointers to either a simplified comment control, or a way to load a comment box without using the local decorators' styles?

I've attached an image that shows what it looks like:

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2012

There's no simplified comment control available, unless you wanted to build your own :-)

If you want to override the styling of the comment box, you may have to modify the editor plugin, or provide some overriding CSS with more specific selectors.

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2012

Thanks, Joseph. I was able to do enough damage by overriding the styles that the comment box is (mostly) back to normal. Specifically, the spacing of the individual toolbar items was being pushed out by some allocated space settings.

So I made a few minor changes and one big one in a CSS file. Minor changes:

/* reduce Group margins */

.aui-toolbar .toolbar-group {

margin-right: 5px;

}

/* Hide the help, undo, and redo buttons */

#rte-button-help, #rte-button-undo, #rte-button-redo {

display: none;

}

/* Set the default height of the Rich Text Editor to 600 -- this is mostly for the edit pages, but also ends up applying to the comments box */

#rte {

height: 600px;

}

This line fixed the primary spacing issues:

#header .aui-dd-parent, #header .aui-dropdown, #autocomplete-dropdown, #autocomplete-dropdown .aui-dropdown {

width: auto;

}

Posting this here in case anyone can benefit from it. Hope to see some of you at the Summit!

matthew horn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events