Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most Appropriate Place for Feedback?

Project Manager January 26, 2015

I am so sick of Confluence harassing me as I am using the program with spammy requests to take surveys and "help make the product better" as well as endlessly popping up tooltips which I have dismissed literally hundreds of times with "don't remind me again" that I'd like to ...well I won't say.  I like the product but I'm absolutely amazed that this company think it's appropriate to harass paying users with their spam.

NO, I don't want to take your freaking survey and I don't want to be prompted to take it one more time when I log into the product I pay for, for work use.

p.s. I can absolutely assure you these are messages coming from Confluence and that I don't have any viruses or adware.

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2015

Could you confirm that you are using Cloud Confluence?  And that all the messages are about Confluence and Atlassian?

0 votes
Project Manager January 27, 2015

Thanks I'll do that.

0 votes
Project Manager January 27, 2015

Thanks Nic.  Yes, we are using Cloud Confluence.  Here is a screenshot of an example.  This thing greets me endlessly.  And it happens on multiple computers with multiple browsers, all with cookies enable.  Personally I don't think a cloud software provider even has any business doing this at all in paid software, it's bad form, but I'd have forgotten about it if after I dismissed it didn't prompt me again and again...

Sorry for the frustration but I can truly say I've never experienced this with paid cloud software (edit: I've had some paid desktop software harass me with offers regarding upgrades)

I've also encountered a similar though less irritating issue with, I think it's called "screen tips"?  Every time I open a giffy drawing it wants to give me a tour.  That's a common practice with software but usually if you say "don't show me again" it stops.  But not with confluence/giffy.

Thanks

confluence.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2015

Yes, the server version doesn't do any of this. However, Cloud doesn't do this to me much either. It does ask the questions you're getting, but only when I first start using a new Cloud instance (I jump between clients). Once I've dismissed a box, I don't see it again. Similarly with the Gliffy tour question. Only thing I can think of is the cookie question, which you may have ruled out - I get the questions again if I clear out my cookies and then go back to the Cloud server. But I doubt that's what you are doing. You can set it to be done automatically on browser close - is that a possibility? I would be strongly tempted to raise this with Cloud support - it really shouldn't give you this much grief. (Some, yes, it's by design, but the volume here sounds way too high for you)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events