Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More complex properties report? ie, multiple rows per page?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2017

I have a list of IP and Port information for each of our clients.  I don't want to maintain this data in two places, so I'm using a page properties widget on each client page to track the IP, Port, NAT, etc.  Then I have a page that lists all of this information with a properties report.  The problem is that some clients have multiple interfaces.  This is where the properties break down.  I tried using two properties widgets but it did not show multiple rows in the properties report.  Here is an example of the data:

ClientInternal IPportExternal IP
Client 1192.168.1.18010.0.0.1
Client 2192.168.1.244310.0.0.2
Client 3192.168.1.42510.0.0.4

Is there any way to set up properties on each client page so that I could get a properties report to look like the table above?  Other ideas?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2017

Ended up modifying Davin's answer and using Horizontal Lines instead of tables.  It looks great!

ebDVSsF.png

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2017

Yup, that works too.

1 vote
Arnaud de Loitière February 2, 2021

Hi,

this is exactly I'd like to do, but I didn't succeed yet.

I have multiple projects to manage (one page per project) with multiple status lines to follow in each project.

I've set a multi-lines page properties table in each project page, and a report page with a properties report page to agregate each project properties table.

It works but the report only displays each first line of each properties table.

Is there a way to agregate all the lines of each table ? either by the properties report, or another way ?

I've tried an alternative way by using extracts, but it's less ergonomic, and less automatic than the properties reports.

Thank you for your help !

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Hi @Arnaud de Loitière , you may try the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

Its Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros collect multiple-row tables from a current page, specific page, page and childpages, page and all descendants, pages with specific labels.

Here is our recent blog post related to your case (with screenshots, of course), please, take a look and feel free to ask further questions.

Like # people like this
Arnaud de Loitière February 24, 2021

Thanks @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} for your answer, it seems to be exactly what I need.

I am consulting in a big IT dpt, so... a bit disappointed they had'nt choosen this macro, until I learnt last week they are going to add it in Confluence very soon.

I will give you a feedback, but I am really waiting for this.

I have found a(n ugly) way to solve my problem right now, by integrating a table into a 1-lined table of properties : it does the job, but the formats of the agregated tables in the properties are obviously really various !

Thanks for your help, which allowed me to confirm my needs.

Like # people like this
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2021

Nice to hear that our app matches your case. 

If you are going to start a trial period for the app, I can suggest booking a live demo. There you may ask to learn about your exact issue from our team-consultant.

1 vote
o.loktionov November 5, 2019

It seems the nested tables are not working in current version:

Confluence Cloud

Confluence 1000.0.0-a8d8b137191

Can anyone confirm or disprove that?

Thank You

Priyank December 26, 2019

yes, looks like the nested tables are not supported in page prop

Like o.loktionov likes this
1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2017

What if you do something like this ...

Client Page

image2017-1-20 11:38:59.png

Report Page

image2017-1-20 11:40:5.png

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2017

Not ideal, but it's better than nothing.  Thanks!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2017

Really, you don't even have to put in nested tables. You could put in multiple lines and that should work as well.

image2017-1-20 12:27:46.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events