Monitor Confluence plugin updates via UPM and Nagios

M_S_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2015

I would like to monitor Confluence plugin updates through Nagios. Whenever an update becomes available, Nagios should trigger a warning. 

I can do the Nagios part, including any scripting that would be needed there. The key question is really how can I query Confluence whether it has any plugin updates available, e.g. via REST.

I have discovered the UPM rest API at /rest/plugins/1.0/, but while it provides a list of installed plugins, this does not seem to include whether an update is available.

2 answers

0 votes
M_S_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2015

Although it may be feasible, it does not appear to be a good solution. The monitoring would need to query confluence to check what plugins are installed with which versions, parse the REST output and then also check the marketplace, somehow parse that HTML(? - uh) and then compare these. Quite some work, specifically since confluence itself already has that logic built-in - when I navigate to the plugins page it tells me which plugins need updates. My hope was for some REST interface rather than parsing HTML which breaks easily (with updates).

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2015

Hello M.S. by any chance would be monitoring Marketplace plugin pages feasible, instead of attempting to retrieve the info from the application itself? For instance, this addon page gets updated with version whenever there are new iterations. Thoughts?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events