Modify the login form for allowing user auto sign up

Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

Background:

• We have 2000 license installation of confluence (probably will grow more).
  • We are using a connection to the Active Directory
  • The user name in the AD is not "name.lastname"
  • We wanto to avoid administrative work of having somebody creating users manually.

The problem we have is that the "username" field autofills the field based on the Email field. That is confusing our users since in our LDAP our username is not "name.lastname" like our e-mails. 50% of the new users will just leave the username name.lastname (even if we wrote in the description above to edit that). In result, this will create a user that is not able to logon (because that username doesn't exist in the AD)

How can we disable that automatic filling in of the username field based on the e-mail?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Here is what I finally did to work around this:

1. 1. In the User Directory Settings, for the AD connection I ticked the copy user on login. This will create the user in Confluence fetching information from AD ( only in the first login).
  2. 2. I added the default group membership: confluence-users. Without that user group they cannot see any content.
  3. 3. In the User Schema Settings you can map the parameters that Confluence copies. I had to change the User Display Name field because it was set as “Lastname, Name” and that is not a user friendly name to have in Confluence. I instead used wrote “givenName&sn” to get the natural “Name Lastname” format.
  4. 4. In the User Directory menu where it shows what directory to use first I changed Confluence Internal Directory to first option. Because after the first attempt the user is created already. It will still use AD for authentication.
  5. 5. I disabled the option “Allow users to sign-up”. Now they won’t need to do it the just log-in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events