Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile friendly sidebar?

Michael Cheng January 13, 2023

New and currently trialing confluence cloud.

Is there anyway to have the sidebar show up as a hamburger menu on mobile web?  Currently, the mobile web hamburger menu gives 3 options: Switch to Desktop version, Give feedback, Logout.  

The desktop version isnt very phone friendly.  Any advice appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2023

Hi @Michael Cheng and welcome to the community,

I don't think you can change the mobile version of your confluence instance. I think the design is for everyone. Did you try to download the confluence app and see if that suits your needs?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.atlassian.android.confluence.core

Michael Cheng January 18, 2023

We're planning on making a general knowledge base for our organization; it would be impossible to expect everyone to download the confluence app.  Is there any other work around for this?  Templates?  Desktop mode that detects mobile browser and presents a different template or CSS?

Andrew Ruether January 31, 2024

Lack of mobile web navigation is the main reason we can't use Confluence Cloud.  I've looked around and can't find any alternative.  We can't ask our 2500 help doc users to install an app.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events