Mobile app for Confluence doesn't know I'm running 6.8.1

Sam Moretti April 29, 2018

To Whom It May Concern:

I am confirmed running version 6.8.1 of Confluence and I have applied an SSL to the site:

The mobile app for self hosted systems says I need to upgrade to use the app, but I already did that.

I am behind an nginx proxy but don't have issues with anything else.

Thank you in advance for your help,

-Sam

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2018

Sam,

What is the exact error message you're getting?

I saw a user with an error about not being able to get a secure connection, and there are a few solutions to that if this is the error you're seeing:

If not, can you let us know what exactly you see so we can help you?

Regards,
Shannon

Sam Moretti April 30, 2018

I have already applied an SSL when I determined it only connected with https.

I have attached an image of the mobile app error.

Also attached a screenshot of my Confluence instance and it's version.Confluence Capture 1.PNGConfluence Capture.PNGScreenshot_20180430-102117.png

Sam Moretti April 30, 2018

I'm the admin, btw...

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2018

Thank you, Sam. I'm currently working on getting this replicated on my end. I will be in touch with you soon.

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 3, 2018

Apologies for the delay. At this time we are not able to replicate the same behavior.

Is this a fresh install, or a recent upgrade? 

Could you check if the build number in the database matches!

select * from CONFVERSION;

Thank you!

Sam Moretti May 3, 2018

It was a recent upgrade from 6.7

confluence=# select * from CONFVERSION;
confversionid | buildnumber | installdate | versiontag | creationdate | lastmoddate
---------------+-------------+-------------------------+------------+--------------+-------------
393217           |            7601 | 2018-02-26 15:56:38.052 | | |
3276801         |            7701 | 2018-04-10 19:28:24.207 | | |

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2018

Thank you, Sam!

Do you happen to be behind a proxy?

I would recommend testing this with a clean installation of the same version and see if you have the same problem. You can test with the proxy first, and then without a proxy, and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Shannon

Sam Moretti May 4, 2018

We are behind nginx. I really don't want to reconfigure my application server when it may just work with a few service and port re-directions.
I'd have to take down several other things to turn off listening on port 443.
Is there any way we can get some information on what the app uses for ports and services and just put in a few entries in nginx?

**Edit** noob port mixup.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2018

Hi Sam,

This isn't a ports issue, unfortunately, so that wouldn't resolve your issue. I had suggested testing without the proxy entirely so we can rule that out.

Could you show us your nginx configuration for Confluence? I can use that to verify the issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Sam Moretti May 7, 2018

I can send that privately. Please let me know to whom I can send the config file.

-Sam

Sam Moretti May 8, 2018

Do you have a resource to send this information?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 14, 2018

Hi Sam,

Apologies as I was away for the last week.

You would paste this information in the Community post here. However, if you don't want to share it online, I would suggest you share it in a support ticket.

I just discovered that you had reported the same issue last week in a support ticket, but it appears that you have haven't responded lately on that case. I would recommend replying there with the information I requested, and the support engineer can continue from there.

Then you can share here with us what the issue was once it's resolved.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events