Mixing Standard and Premium Licenses?

Malin Rathjen August 2, 2022

Dear Atlassian community, 

I would just like to know if it's possible for my organization to use Jira on Standard and Confluence on Premium plan? Or do I need to buy/use these softwares always on the same plan? 

I would be very grateful for your help! 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

@Malin Rathjen this is a great question. I was not sure myself, so I went into my Administration console Products -> Manage Subscriptions. We are on Jira and Confluence Premium, but the system allows me to change one subscription type without having to change the other. So, yes, you can have Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud on different licensing levels.

I cannot say whether this is best practice or not, and what you may lose in terms of integrations between the two.

Thanks. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

My 2d worth is that it's absolutely fine.  I'd be happy to label it "Best Practice".

The only bit you lose in integrations is the stuff that isn't there on the other side!  

In your case, your (premium) Confluence won't be able to integrate with (standard) Jira's Advanced Roadmaps.  Because you need premium Jira to get AR.

Malin Rathjen August 4, 2022

@Andy Gladstone @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thanks for your answers! So the connection between Jira Projects and belonging Confluence spaces will also not break if we are on different plans, right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

Correct - both applications will happily connect to others, whatever the level of licencing on them.

I've got one client who is using a $10 Jira Cloud system as an "intake" for a specific project.  It's hooked up to their Premium Confluence Cloud and their Jira Data Center, all works fine.

Malin Rathjen August 5, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- great :) thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events