Missing the backup option after cloud migration to standalone server

Kathy Plamann April 15, 2015

Hi

I have migrated JIRA Cloud to JIRA standalone server following the instructions provided by Atlassian. Now I need to do a backup of this new data on the JIRA standalone and I noticed that the backup option is not available since I did the restore.  Any ideas what I need to do to be able to do a JIRA Backup?

Thanks

Kathy

image2015-4-15 16:1:54.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2015

Hey Kathy,

I am not sure how i did this before, but can you login as 

User name: sysadmin

Password: sysadmin

And check if backup option is available ?

Please vote if this helps

Thank You

Chander

Kathy Plamann May 15, 2015

This worked. I was able to migrate jira cloud to a standalone and then I was able to import specific projects into out standalone jira production. Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2015

The backup option in Cloud is actually not part of JIRA or Confluence, it's really more an export than a backup - the main uses for it are migrating off Cloud, and for the more paranoid, making sure you could rebuild your Cloud data if Cloud died.  

For small, tolerant non-critical JIRA Server installs, there is a regular XML export routine built into it - have a look under "admin -> Services".  For larger JIRAs, you should establish your own backup routines.  Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Backing+Up+Data  (this boils down to "at the very least, get a decent database backup and make sure the attachments are backed up from the file system")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events