Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing section tool on a new blank page

Markus_Nerding March 24, 2019

I am using Confluence Clound.

When I create a new blank page it has no section tool. However when using other page templates they have a section tool. Any idea why the section tool is missing on new blank pages?

Thanks a lot.

Markus

2 answers

0 votes
Jake April 26, 2020

But the section tool exists even today in the other pages. If the editor changed then why isn't it consistently different?

UPDATE

I just found a hack that works. It turns out there is a "Copy" option in the drop down list in the upper right corner of every page.

--

Screenshot_2020-04-26 Blank Page Template (with expanded editor features) - jfines - Confluence.png

--

Make a copy of your personal page (or any template page that has the additional editor features in it) and delete everything in the body of the page except the title. Delete all the macros and the sections, everything in that copy. Then name is something like Blank Page Template (with expanded editor features) and save. It will become a child page to whatever space or page you are when you save it. Now you can make a "Copy" of that page and move it to where you want and it will have all the editor features in it.

I'm sure there is a better way and even with this there is probably a couple more steps that would make it even better. I'm not saying it's the most elegant solution, but it is one solution and it's easy (even for someone like me that don't know much about this here thing).

hth

Jake

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2019

Hello there Markus!

In the new editor (Fabric Editor) for Confluence, the Section Tool is not present. We can instead use the Column Tool. Alternatively, we can try and use the Legacy Editor when creating pages. The legacy editor still has the Section Tool.

You can check more information about the new experience here:

Confluence Editing Improvements

Try out the new editing experience

I have also filed a report requesting for that page to be updated. You can check it here:

CONFCLOUD-65922 | Update "Add formatting to your page"

Looking forward to your reply!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events