Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing System Administrator After Cloud Import

joshua-hull December 11, 2017

After importing a backup from the cloud version of Confluence into the self hosted version we've found that no user in our system has system administrator permissions. We have access to the database but I'm unsure of the procedure to grant system administrators to one of the existing users. Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017
joshua-hull December 11, 2017

Unfortunately we're running we're running 6.0. We're able to log in with various users, its just there is no system administrator to grant that permission to other users.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

@joshua-hull Please see Migrate from Confluence Cloud to Server for other steps you may also need to take to complete the migration.

I look forward to any follow up questions.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Sorry about that - I posted while you were posting. You may use the SQL queries on this page to recover admin permissions:

Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

The password reset docs apply for all versions of 6 (and quite a long way back into v5 if memory serves)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events