Missing Macros

Bryan NEff February 25, 2022

Does anyone have an idea of why I wouldn't have the Tabs/Controls macro in my "+" dropdown menu? I'm trying to add tabs to a wiki sheet and don't see it or another way to add tabs. Please help. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2022

@Bryan NEff Welcome to Confluence!

The Tabs Macro has been removed in the new editor. Have you utilized that macro previously on this instance?

Bryan NEff February 25, 2022

Not on this instance. Is there another way to accomplish the same thing with a different macro?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2022

@Bryan NEff most people have started using the /expand macro for similar purposes. It's not the exactly the same as tabs, but is a visually appealing way to display text that does not need to always be visible on a Confluence page.

Bryan NEff March 1, 2022

@Andy Gladstone thanks for the advice on the Expand option. You're right, it's not the same but the overall result was still achieved. This particular feature is one of the ways I'm convincing my company to adopt Confluence instead of Tettra. It allows me to get more information on the same page but not make them scroll forever to find what they are looking for. 

Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 13, 2022

@Bryan NEff You can use tab macros in Confluence, but for that you need one of the solutions from Atlassian Marketplace https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=macros 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events