Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror content from a different page on the same confluence environment

Deleted user March 19, 2020

Hi, 

I wanted to ask what is the best way to use confluence in a modular way. Meaning, how do I take a certain portion of an article in my confluence environment and place it in a different one that I create. 

The business logic is that I want to keep that portion up to date with any changes that are made to it by the SME and have it presented in my department's space. 

1 answer

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ! How are you doing? Welcome to the community.

Take a look at the Excerpt Macro and Excerpt Include Macro. With the first one you define tha reusable content and with the second one you use it.

Hope this helps!

Deleted user March 19, 2020

Thanks Chritiano!

DSell March 3, 2021

@Cristiano Mariano the only way that this seems to work is that the users have access to both spaces. In my case where I want to share targets on a number of other spaces users cannot see them unless the have access to my space.

Takafumi Ohtake -Ricksoft-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 13, 2021

If you concern about mirroring contents while restricting it, Confluence Sync apps could be useful.

Thread Syncing pages automatically between spaces explains it.

(Please note that I'm one of the folks behind Ricksoft that is the vendor of one of the apps.)

Laura Ulmer March 11, 2022

Excerpt Macro and Excerpt Include Macro only works if the page contents do not include other macros like /expand or any of the page layout behaviors that create columns.

This renders  Macro and Excerpt Include Macro useless for complex requirements pages formated for max readability through formatting and layout elements.

Like François De Beck likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events