It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migration Assistent on server instance shows blank screen

I have installed confluence server after my previous installation was destroyed.

After restoring my backup files I installed the migration assistent, however switching to the migration assistent page on my confluence instance only shows a blank page.

Did anyone see such a problem? Are there logfiles I can examine to track down this problem?

Here is a screenshot of the migration assistent page:

2019-08-12_1102_confluence_migration_assistent_screenshot.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for sharing your steps and a screenshot of the issue. You can check the console output of your browser to see what might be causing this page to display blank results. Typically within a browser, you will hit F12 to display the developer tools and then select the console. Attempt to reload the page and any errors or issues will be displayed.

Additionally, ensure you’re connected to the internet and any proxy in place is allowing traffic to pass.

We look forward to hearing back to get your migration started.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Hi Stephen,

you are right, it displays an error:

2019-08-23_1102_confluence_migration_assistent_ie_console_screenshot.png

This happens on IE 11.55.17763.0

However, I installed the latest Chrome on this machine and now it works. My problem is solved that way.

Thanks for your support!

Kind regards,

Andreas Fasching

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

32 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you