Migrating from jTDS to MS SQL Driver problem

ICT Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2019

Hi,

After updating to the latest version of Confluence I received a 'Confluence had problems starting up' error. I was told we needed to migrate away from jTDS and use the Microsoft SQL Driver instead, so I followed the instructions and made the switch in the confluence.cfg.xml file:

<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</property>

and the url to:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:sqlserver://<MSSQL Server>:1433;instanceName=<Instance Name>;databaseName=<Database Name>;</property>

After making these two changes I restarted the server but I'm still getting the 'Confluence had problems starting up' error, it reports 'Database: Database connection failed'. Checking the atlassian.confluence.log file I can only see:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'confluenceuser'

The login details haven't changed so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
ICT Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2019

I ended up answering my own question, I'd assumed that the URL that had been in the confluence.cfg.xml file had been in there all along from previous versions, as it turned out it was something the Confluence installer had cooked up and it was wrong.

Port 1433 is allocated to another SQL instance on that server, when I removed it and it used a dynamic port that the Confluence SQL instance uses it connected straight away.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events