Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from internal user directory to JIRA

Joel Parker May 14, 2013

We originally configured our Confluence instance to use the internal user directory (for testing). Now, we'd like to switch to using the user directory from our JIRA instance.

In the meantime, many users created Confluence accounts and started creating pages.

What's going to happen if I enable JIRA users and disable the internal directory? Is there a step that lets me migrate pages from the internal user to the JIRA user (for those with duplicate accounts)?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

As long as they have the same username, nothing needs to be done for migrating. Add the JIRA user directory and add it on top of internal directory. If the same username exists in both directories, the one in the top directory will be taken.

Joel Parker May 14, 2013

And the user in the top directory will take over for the user in the bottom directory? I'm thinking about for user-private things like user spaces and profile settings.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

Yes. That's right. Please test it in a Test environment to make sure everything works as expected.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events