Migrating content from multiple spaces into one space

Eric Dec April 8, 2021

I'm working on a project to migrate content from several spaces into one space with a more intuitive content structure.  Does anyone have best practices they can share for moving content within Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Eric Dec , 

I found this article Easy ways to move, delete, copy and pages in Confluence to be really helpful, including the feature that allows you to move child pages along with a parent and maintain your structure. That new feature might not be rolled out to you yet -- it's new. 

In general, I've found it helpful to consider the common topics for all of your content, and create parent pages to collect those related articles. (Basically, create an information architecture.) You might tinker around with the perfect names for those topics, but starting with 5 to 7 placeholders could be helpful. 

Once you have all of the content in the same space, Confluence lets you drag and drop in the left-hand sidebar to move your articles around as needed. 

I hope this helps you get started!  Best wishes, Sharon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events