Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating content from SharePoint to Confluence

Mike Lange July 23, 2013

We're considering migrating a fair share of content that we currently have in SharePoint (both "stock" SharePoint as well as SharePoint wiki) over to Confluence. Suprisingly enough from what I'm seeing via Google searches there are a lot more options available for moving content in the other direction.

What approaches have others taken and what have their experiences been?

Thanks,

Mike

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2013

Hi Mike,

I would suggest you to use the Universal Wiki Converter to migrate Sharepoint wiki to Confluence. Please take note that this plugin does not work with Confluence 5.0 and above.

To migrate the sharepoint wiki to Confluence 5.1 and above, you will need to:

1. Install a Confluence 4.3.x
  2. Install the Universal Wiki Converter into the Confluence.
  3. Migrate the wiki into the Confluence.
  4. Upgrade the Confluence 4.3.x to the new Confluence Version.
  5. Import the Content to your Confluence.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Jing Hwa

Rathna November 4, 2013

Hi Jing,

Just was wondering if you happened to know any of the below...

• 1. Any documentation for this UWC apart from this documentation.
  • 2. Any How-To articles or documentation for migrating from Sharepoint.

Is there any proper How-To articles or documentation for migrating from Sharepoint.

Regards,

0_0

Stephen Tsai January 30, 2014

Hi,

I want to move from sharepoint to confluence as well however we have Confluence OnDemand and I haven't found any articles on how to migrate from sharepoint over to Confluence OnDemand which also happens to be the latest version. Is there any way available for this conversion other than recreating by hand? Even if we cannot copy over all of sharepoint is there at least migrations for specific pages that we want to copy over such as wiki documents and custom lists?

-Stephen

Justin Justin October 30, 2014

You need to set up an local hosted server to do the migration first. Then when done (through iterative migrations until it is looking good), upgrade that server to the current OnDemand Confluence version. Then take an export of the spaces, and work with Atlassian Support to import them back in, into your OnDemand instance.

0 votes
Boris Zinchenko September 10, 2018

You might explore Enterprise Bridge, which offers fully automated migration of SharePoint sites to Confluence cloud and on-premise.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events