I'm posting this hoping someone can shed some light on the process of migrating our Confluence DB from internal to external MSSQL DB.
So we have this confluence instance v.5.9.1 running on Windows Server 2008 and is using the H2 internal database currenlty. We are planning to use this into production and as part of Atlassian's recommendation, we need to move this to an external MSSQL DB. (SQL 2012).
I'm looking at this documentation as reference. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-to-another-database-148867.html. Should this be the best article for this task.?
Base on the process the migration should go like this.
Thanks in Advance for your response.
1. You should take note of your add-ons because they are not stored in the XML file, which you will use to import the content into the new server.
2. Yes. You need to create an XML file backup of your current prod.
3. That's right.
4. a. It's up to you, but you need to ensure the applications are not running on the same port(8090).
b. It's up to you again. If you already had created the XML, you can just delete every thing in this folder to trigger a new installation.
5. It won't be. Confluence already has a supported driver for MSSQL.
6. You can finish the installation setup and restore the backup file when the option is available.
You can also try the following:
Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time! We're looking for people to participate in a remote 1-hr workshop...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs