Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate spaces from Confluence download to OnDemand

Neil Wheeler August 9, 2012

When I go to import a space into Confluence OnDemand it tells me;

Atlassian OnDemand can only import Confluence space backups from the same major version of Confluence. The current Confluence OnDemand version is 4.3, so backups can only be imported from Confluence 4.3.x.

Our download install of Confluence is on the latest production release 4.2. Does this mean I need to upgrade to 4.3 RC1 before I can export the space for importing into Confluence OnDemand?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

For my migration, I did the following:

1. installed a local installation of Confluence at the same level as the production instance
  2. saved the spaces from production
  3. restored them on the the local installation
  4. upgraded the local installation to match the level of onDemand instance
  5. saved the spaces from local installation
  6. restored the spaces onto onDemand

In my case, I had over 30 spaces to move over, so most of the steps were automated with exportSpace and restoreExport from Confluence Command Line Interface

0 votes
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Hi Neil,

Yea, that's absolutely right, mate. :)

Cheers,

Justin.

Neil Wheeler August 9, 2012

So I'm forced to install a RC on Prod to facilitate a migration to OnDemand. Not a practice I'm comfortable with.

Why is 3.4 still RC for download if its the current version on OnDemand? Is the version on OnDemand also RC?

JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

Hi Neil,

Yes, I would have to say that the Confluence OnDemand version is indeed on RC. The reason why we release 4.3 in OnDemand is to allow our customers to have the latest release for general usage before the general release. Rest assure that the RC release is more stable than the EAP one.

The 4.3 for general public download is on EAP release, and is definitely not recommended for production use just yet. What I would recommend is to clone your production, and then upgrade the clone to 4.3 EAP for the export of spaces.

Cheers,

Justin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events