Migrate content from Zendesk to Confluence (Server)

Stephen Kairys January 2, 2019

Hello.

Does anyone have experience in migrating extensive content from Zendesk (ZD) to Confluence?

I tried a simple copy-and-paste, which superficially looks OK, but in reality has various issues, which I'd have to fix on a case-by-case basis.

1. Images are copied over as links to the original ZD article.
  2. Anchor links within a document point back to ZD.
  3. Same for hyperlinks to another document. (With or without a suffix representing an anchor link.
  4. I copied a table with 3 rows, 1 columns. The 1st and last rows have an orange background in ZD but that coloring is lost in Confluence.
  5. I suspect there are other issues I've yet to discover.

At this point, we're still evaluating whether to perform this migration. 

Any thoughts on making this process more efficient would be appreciated. 

3 answers

0 votes
Stephen Kairys June 16, 2021

HI. 

We abandoned this project. Can the ticket be closed without my accepting an answer? Maybe delete the ticket? Thanks.

0 votes
Stephen Kairys January 4, 2019

Thanks Diego. The UWC sounds interesting; however, it does not currently support Zendesk. And it looks like it's far from seamlesds; so, manual intervention would be needed.

We'll be evaluating our options over the coming week or so; accordingly, please keep this ticket open.

Thanks.

HI. Can someone at Atlasian please delete this answer. .I wanted to enter a comment not an answer.

Actually, cancel that request. I tried entering the above as a reply to Diego's answer, but it won't accept it.

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

Hello again Stephen!

As you have noted, UWC is not a one click solution. It does require tweaks so it can further assist migrations.

We can surely leave the thread going Stephen! Let us know about your findings.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Hello there Stephen!
You may want to take a look into the Universal Wiki Converter:

Universal Wiki Converter

There is currently no supported methods of importing foreign and unknown content into Confluence. The UWC (Universal Wiki Converter) is just a tool used to get the migration started, not a catch all solution for any content and platform migration into Confluence.

Douglas Fidelis June 16, 2021

Hello @Stephen Kairys how did that go? did you manage to migrate pages from zendesk to confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events