Migrate Jira Users and Groups from CROWD to Delagated LDAP

Atlassian Consultant October 15, 2017

Hello,

I am trying to find the rights steps and the SQL queries to migrate users and groups from CROWD to delegated LDAP for both Jira and Confluence. The  user names and their e-mail addresses will be e-mail addresses as it will delegated LDAP configured. Appreciate any help in migrating the users

Thank You

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

I understand your users and groups are in LDAP, currently connected to Crowd, which is connected to Jira and Confluence. You would like to bypass Crowd and use delegated LDAP to manage the Confluence and Jira users.

Unless I am missing something about your setup, it seems like you should be able to connect Jira and Confluence directly to LDAP as described in: Connecting to an Internal Directory with LDAP Authentication I am not sure what you would need to import from Crowd.

If you are using local groups in Crowd to manage permissions, the groups will need to be created in LDAP or locally in each application.

This kind of project is best attempted in a test instance first, so it will go smoothly when performed in Production.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events