Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Microsoft Teams vs Confluence

I have quite a bit of experience with Confluence and would like to introduce it to my new firm.

The new firm already has Microsoft Teams, does anyone have a view on Confluence Cloud vs the Wiki component native to Microsoft Teams?

3 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Smith Community Leader Oct 16, 2020

I would also like to know a bit about the Wiki component. Is it just SharePoint pages in the background?

James Dellow Community Leader Oct 18, 2020

They are stored in SharePoint not as pages but in a hidden SharePoint list.

@Charlie Veneziano ,

It really depends what you want the docs for.

The wiki element of Microsoft Teams is very limited in the functionality, it doesn't support collaborative editing, dynamic elements, rich content. it is a pretty limited markdown wiki and it is hard to link/search between documents and teams.

The wiki fits very well if you want to have some kind of a team/channel readme or FAQ.

@Jonathan Smith the wiki documents are stored in the Share Point, but they are not fully-blown pages.

0 votes
James Dellow Community Leader Oct 18, 2020

As already mention by @Move Work Forward the wiki in Teams is very limited and in no way comparable to Confluence. There are a lot of Microsoft 365 customers that would like to see the wiki tab hidden.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Table Row Highlighter - CSS Hack

(Said in an infomercial voice) Has this ever happened to you? You are on a Zoom/Teams call, looking at a large table, and people are confused where on the table you are pointing (insert video of real...

159 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you