Microsoft OneNote Plugin

I was wanting to know if there was a better way to import/sync microsoft onenote pages with confluence pages other than saving the onenote page as a .doc or .pdf

3 answers

Hi Rob,

Currently the Office Connector plugin that Confluence utilizes to import Office docs doesn't support the .one format. The only workaround currently is the one you've mentioned of converting the format of the files. I've raised this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30883 asking our development team to add support for that format.

While we can only wait for feedback from the team I suggest that you vote on that issue and watch it for updates directly from our devs.

Cheers

Turner

Hello,

I was trying to find out how to do this after seeing an Evernote add-on in Confluence 5.9.1 which is a bit new than this 2-3 year old thread! Anyway I expected this would be available in recent 2016 versions but I didn't see any OneNote plugins, only EverNote.

Any update/idea on this feature request?

Thanks,

Blake R

2016: is there a nice way to embed Onenote-documents on Confluence pages?

I've not found anything off the shelf, that said... 

I'm in the process of building out a command line utility that uses the Microsoft Office Interop for OneNote to pipe documentation into Confluence over the REST API. The GetContent methods of that interop output XML strings which look very parseable in the cherry picked cases I've created thus far.

Confluence has great docs on using the REST API:

https://developers.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-rest-api-examples/

Using the OneNote Interop is a bit harder to find, but I found this answer on stackoverflow was enough to get me going:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27294510/how-to-write-to-a-onenote-2013-page-using-c-sharp-and-the-onenote-interop

I've goth an outlook plug in where i can log isues from my outlook.

Is it possible to also get this plug in for my one note.

A super nice thing would be that i can go to my specific note from Jira 

Can somebody help me with this?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

104 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you