It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Microsoft Active Directory Synch Fallback

Hi *,

we have in the last months from time to time a sync-problem with our Active Directory and Confluence. After reviewing our config, I noticed what we use only one of our Domain-Controller in the following way: "ldap.url": "ldaps://<Name of the DC>.<our FQDM>:636"

If this DC doesn't responde, because of technical reasons, our Confluence don't sync anymore and we get appropriate log-entries. 

After consulting our Server-guys, they make the suggestion only use the FQDM of our domain to have a list of DCs for fallback ao a other instance of our AD, but my colleagues tell me, that Confluence only use the first entry in the list of DCs - so it does not matter if you use the FQDM.

My question is: Is that true? Use Confluence, despite specification of the FQDM, only the first server in the list? 

1 answer

0 votes
Davin_Studer Community Leader Dec 03, 2019

This is how we set it up. Let's say for example the FQDN for our domain controllers are dc01.domain.dom and dc02.domain.dom. In the Server Settings -> Hostname field we would just put in domain.dom. That way it is not tied to a specific domain controller.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

157 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you