Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Active Directory Synch Fallback

Andreas_Oeser December 3, 2019

Hi *,

we have in the last months from time to time a sync-problem with our Active Directory and Confluence. After reviewing our config, I noticed what we use only one of our Domain-Controller in the following way: "ldap.url": "ldaps://<Name of the DC>.<our FQDM>:636"

If this DC doesn't responde, because of technical reasons, our Confluence don't sync anymore and we get appropriate log-entries. 

After consulting our Server-guys, they make the suggestion only use the FQDM of our domain to have a list of DCs for fallback ao a other instance of our AD, but my colleagues tell me, that Confluence only use the first entry in the list of DCs - so it does not matter if you use the FQDM.

My question is: Is that true? Use Confluence, despite specification of the FQDM, only the first server in the list? 

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

This is how we set it up. Let's say for example the FQDN for our domain controllers are dc01.domain.dom and dc02.domain.dom. In the Server Settings -> Hostname field we would just put in domain.dom. That way it is not tied to a specific domain controller.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events