Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging users in Confluence 5.3.1 - Active Directory and Confluence Internal Directory

Deleted user November 7, 2013

We have an installation of Confluence 5.3.1. There is a user with a username "jsmith" that comes from Active Directory, and has many edits in Confluence. There is also a username "smithj" in the Confluence Internal Directory, which has some edits in confluence.

Is it possible to merge these two users together? I have verified that its not possible to rename user "smithj" > "jsmith", as Confluence gives an error "...user already exists"

One possibility I've thought of is in the database to change the unique ID assigned to different content edits in the database. I haven't looked into the underlying database schema for how usernames and edits are stored, but my general idea is this: if smithj had unique ID "x12345" and jsmith had unique id "x98765", could the occurances of "x98765" be changed to "x12345" to effectively move all of jsmith's changes over to smithj?

1 answer

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2013

Hi Steven,

Regarding this excerpt:

Is it possible to merge these two users together? I have verified that its not possible to rename user "smithj" > "jsmith", as Confluence gives an error "...user already exists"

You may try to temporarily disable the AD directory and rename the user the belong to the internal directory.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Deleted user November 17, 2013

I haven't been able to try this, but would this merge the two accounts together?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events