Mentions not working for some users in Confluence Cloud.

Brandon Grady August 20, 2014

I tagged this as a comment to a similar question, but the answer only applied to people hosting their own Confluence. We are having an issue where some users are not showing up in the auto-complete popup when trying to do mentions in Confluence. We use Confluence On Demand. The answer seemed to be to rebuild the search index for Confluence, but the On Demand version does not offer that as an option to the administrator. We also use JIRA, so I rebuild the system's index, but it had no effect.

Basically I'm wondering if there is a way to effectively rebuild the search index in Confluence On Demand that I as a site admin can perform. Or - do I need to write up a support ticket to Atlassian?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

Hi Brandon,

From my perspective, this problem could be related with confluence's index. To have an effective/deeper result we need to perform a rebuild of content index from Scratch, which would require Atlassian's output. So I'd suggest you to raise a support ticket with us, that way we can investigate it in our end as the problem doesn't seem to be trivial.

Cheers,
WZ

Brandon Grady August 21, 2014

Thanks - I just raised a support ticket.

0 votes
Dan Knapton October 1, 2014

We are having what appears to be this same issue.  Some users are not coming up in the @mention  intellisense. Do we need to have our users re-indexed also? 

0 votes
Brandon Grady August 26, 2014

The answer was to have Atlassian support rebuild the index for us. Works brilliantly now!

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

Thanks for following up!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events