Did you mean: 

Memory / Cache Settings to Speed Up Confluence Page Load Times

Cameron Palmer August 13, 2021

Hi All,

My company uses the following Plugins/Macros in Confluence

1. Table Filters and Charts Macro

2. Insight for Confluence Macro

3. Stock Macros (Jira Filter, etc...)

These plugins are vital to provide data to all members of our org, but requires LARGE pulls of data from Jira tickets and Insight objects.

When someone loads the page it is having to load the data from queries (Insight and Jira), then uses Table Transformer Macros to format that data. In some cases it can be doing Insight Macro Data > Table Filter > Table Transformer > Table Pivot Table > Table Transformer.... Needless to say the stock settings/configurations for resource management on the confluence server cannot keep up with these simultaneous calculations.

Our Server VMs are capable of 16gb of Ram and should be able to be pushed MUCH harder than Confluence is currently using.

My question is: What settings/configs/cache sizes do I need to tweak to speed up these page's load times? I cannot find a good explanation of what each cache holds or if these caches are even to blame for loading time. I am including all the settings I can find that may be useful to form your answer.

Java VM Memory Statistics

Xmx 1024 MB

Xms 1024 MB

Maximum heap size 1024 MB

Total allocated memory 1024 MB

Used memory 691 MB

Free allocated memory 332 MB T

otal free memory 332 MB

Maximum non heap size 0 MB

Used non heap memory 679 MB

Available non heap memory 0 MB

atlassian.plugins.enable.wait 300

Gadgets Macro Metadata100%81%1 / 1<1269 / 62 / 0
Plugins State100%99%1 / 1Unknown11100 / 8 / 0
Content Label Mappings100%69%1000 / 1000<130153 / 13075 / 1140
Content properties100%91%5000 / 5000Unknown645754 / 62086 / 24938

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2021

It looks like your Confluence instance is using only 1 gb of memory from 16gb your vm has to offer. 

Look at increasing your Xms/Xmx settings

Alex

MichaelL April 29, 2022

My Confluence server also shows similar Java VM Memory Statistics, specifically:

Maximum non heap size 0 MB

Used non heap memory 543 MB

Available non heap memory 0 MB

Should I be concerned that Max non heap size is 0 MB, and Available non heap memory is also 0 MB?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events